Our Black Oxide coating is a metal plating and finishing service used to add corrosion resistance, minimize light reflection and enhance the appearance of materials such as steel, copper and most stainless steel. It can be used with oil or wax coatings to achieve maximum corrosion resistance. Black oxide coating treatments create strong, attractive black finishes and are achieved by using specific branded chemicals.
Black oxide coating has multiple applications in military, firearms, aerospace, and oil and gas industries among others.
- Minimal buildup—no dimensional changes
- Dark black color
- Improved lubricity and anti-galling characteristics
- Does not affect weldability
- No hydrogen embrittlement
- MIL-DTL-13924 type 1 & 4
- Surface prep (blasting) and any subsequent coating done in-house
- Normal turn time is three to five working days (unless other post coating processes are required)
- Expediting available when possible for an additional fee