ATF provides electroless nickel plating to various companies in aerospace, medical, military & defense and the transportation industries.
Electroless nickel plating is an auto-catalytic (self-sustaining) chemical process used to deposit a coating of nickel on a solid surface for increased wear and corrosion protection without the use of electrical current. The process relies on the presence of a reducing agent which reacts with the metal ions to deposit metal. Electroless nickel plating has a variety of applications in aerospace, medical, military & defense and the transportation industry.
- Wide range of plating thicknesses from 0.00001 to 0.0020 inches
- Precision thickness
- Uniform plating – no dogboning as is typical in electroplating
- Low, mid and high phosphorus content for different corrosion resistance, hardness and appearance characteristics
- Baking after plating can yield hardness as high as RC70
- ASTM B733
- AMS 2404
- Pretreatment blasting
- Hydrogen embrittlement relief baking
- Nondestructive testing and salt spray testing
- Selective masking available
- Normal turn time is three to five working days (without masking)
- Masking may increase turn time
- Expediting available when possible for an additional fee